1. It was Andre’s birthday this past Friday. He turned 36…a great looking 36 I might add. He had a basketball game that evening; that they won!!! So…he did not get home until really late (read midnight) to start the birthday celebrations. I cooked him dinner of all of his favorite not so healthy foods…buffalo chicken wings, homemade potato chips with blue cheese, cornmeal onion rings, and an ice cream birthday cake. After eating a really late dinner he opened his gifts. He got a new temperpedic pillow, 2 pairs of pants, and some shirts. He said it was one of his favorite birthdays to date 🙂
2. We picked out the bookcase for Baby Scott’s room this week and ordered it. I knew when I saw it that it would be perfect. It is from Pottery Barn and hopefully will be delivered soon…did you know that with PB’s home delivery they bring the furniture to your house, unpack it, set it up in the place you want it, and clean up all the boxes. Thats a pretty sweet deal if you ask me 🙂
3. My mom and I went and picked out plantation shutters for the nursery this weekend as well. When the sales person at Lowes told me that it would take 45 days for the custom order I freaked out a little, but my mom told me that was plenty of time…and the baby will not be sleeping in its room for a couple of months after its born anyway.
This is the window that the plantation shutters are going on…
4. My chocolate chip pancake/waffle obsession is still here and strong. I made chocolate chip belgium waffles on Sunday morning. I drizzled mine with a little cream and it was divine. I could eat them everyday but I’m pretty sure baby Scott or my doctors would not appreciate that 🙂
5. The coming home outfit has been picked out and purchased. I can not get over the fact of how small newborn clothes are…tiny but so cute!!! Whether Baby Scott is a boy or a girl it will be coming home in a very southern smocked outfit 🙂
6. nursery sewing update: I have gotten all of the pillows finished and covered. The only thing that is left to sew are the window seat cushions. My mom is helping me with those and they should be done in the new couple of weeks.
8. Our menu for this coming week…
hot and crunchy chicken cones with mango coleslaw
9. I made my mom’s zucchini bread this weekend as well. It is so moist and delicious. I think this will make a perfect breakfast!!!
10. I will be posting about my first baby shower tomorrow!!! It was not the traditional shower you are thinking about, but it was fantastic! Come back tomorrow to see all about it 🙂