and 2 videos of my boy
1. My mom came to stay with us this past weekend. We just love having her here. She helps out so much and Ellison can’t get enough Nonna kisses. She has the magic touch when it comes to settling Ellison down. I really can not thank her enough for all of her help, love, and support…boy have I needed it these past few weeks. Being a new mom is tough, but so worth it!!!
2. Ellison pooped on me this morning for the first time. I am sure it will not be the last time but it did take me by surprise. I am so thankful that we use waterproof pads on the changing pad…if not then I would have really had a mess on my hands.
3. I have started pumping during the day and giving E bottles and nursing at night. This seems to be working so much better…I am much more comfortable and Ellison is not choking anymore. Having an oversupply is a blessing and a curse. Don’t get me wrong I am SO happy that I have plenty of milk for Ellison, but having 6 + oz of milk available every 2-3 hours is A LOT. Hopefully one day everything will get regulated and I won’t wake up every morning with rocks as boobs. Again let me say…I am very thankful for having enough milk and I know that many moms would kill to be in my shoes.
by the way…I think I have a touch of mastitis and I am waiting on word from my doctor on what to do about that
5. I got the disk with Ellison’s newborn pictures this weekend. The pictures turned out just like I imagined. They are perfect…
6. Since I got his newborn pictures I went ahead and made the birth announcements. I’m not sharing just yet…since that would take some of the fun out of it.
7. Tillman has a pretty bad ear ache. My dad took him to the vet on Friday and they gave him 3 different kinds of meds and some ear drops. He is on the mend and really thinks that he is special since he gets three “treats” twice a day.
8. The pups are adjusting well to Ellison. Our next hurtle is figuring out how to keep them out of the bed if Ellison is in it. Last night was the first night they were here with us and it did not go very well. We put up a baby gate at our bedroom door to keep them out and they cried for hours. Eventually Andre went to sleep in the spare bedroom so they could sleep with him. I’m thinking that we may have to put them in the other part of the house tonight. We are in the process of getting Ellison use to sleeping in his crib (since he has out grown his bassinet already) and until he is sleeping in there all night the dogs have to be somewhere else. Hopefully we can get E use to the crib quickly so everything can go back to normal.